Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 5, 2011

54 Mother’s Days – A Tribute to my Mom

54 Mother’s Days.

That’s the number of mother’s days I celebrated with my mom.
Of course, the first few years I was just a baby so I don’t even remember, but I was there and I know I was loved.

My mom and dad were married for ten years before she conceived for the first time. They had virtually given up the hope of having babies. Then I was born.

Joy and love. Those were my reception into this world.

My mom is gone now, tomorrow will be a mere two weeks since she left to a better place. Although I mourn I do not despair. I am thankful for all those mother’s days I can remember.

As a child I would save up what coins I could to buy something “special”. I remember one year I bought her this gaudy tall blue vase. If there was anything my mother didn’t need at the time it was another decoration. Regardless, she put it on her dresser and there it stayed year after year a small  token of my love for her and a grand one of her love for me.

As I grew older and saw the vase on her dresser I would think “That’s the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe she still has it there.” Then I’d smile to myself remembering how special she made me feel when she cleared off her dresser to display it there.

And now?

I miss my mother.  She won’t be with us this Mother’s Day. But, she will be with my dad and with all her loved ones who have passed. She will enjoy a mother’s day that’s “Out of this world”.  And I will be content in that. 

She deserves it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment