Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Are you a Visionary

Are you a visionary?

I was reading the book “Ask and it is Given” by Esther and Jerry Hicks and something I read struck me.

“One who is visionary thrives at all times.”

I had read that sentence many times before, but that day I thought to myself: What does that really mean?

Who do we know that is a visionary?

Certainly Bill Gates. He began his business in a garage with a partner. He envisioned something no one really believed in. People called him a fool and laughed, saying it was ludicrous to think people would want a computer in their homes.  Who’s laughing now?

How about Helen Keller who said: “ Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure”  She who was blind and deaf went on to become a teacher.  She had a vision and she overcame unbelievable obstacles to attain it.

I believe being a visionary means that in order for us to achieve what we want in life, we must STOP looking at the circumstances around us and focus on what we envision having or doing. Instead of looking at every obstacle and getting stuck in negative thinking, we must visualize what it is we want and feel as if we already have it.

For example: We hear every day through endless forms of media how BAD the economy is. We can choose to let those endless messages form our decisions by repeating the woes and letting fear govern our actions.

We might think:
I can’t start a new business in these times
We can’t have a baby because we might not be able to afford it.
My business is going down because people don’t have any money.
I can’t leave my job and do something new because I’m lucky to even have a job.
I’m afraid to invest and lose it all.
I can’t move now, it’s a bad time.
We can’t get married because we might lose our jobs.

This type of thinking keeps us from taking new actions or implementing new ideas that may come to us. Instead, I urge you to step out and be courageous.

Here are some steps to take:
  1. Give yourself quiet time every day and begin to listen to your inner voice.
  2. Do what your inner voice tells you.
  3. Begin to Implement any new ideas, concepts, programs.
  4. Follow your instincts without concerning yourself with the negative feedback you may get. (You’ll probably get a lot of it.)
  5. Be careful who you share your aspirations with.
  6. Keep company with other visionary people.
  7. Limit your contact with negative people who always find problems with your ideas.
  8. Remember to congratulate yourself on every success no matter how small.
  9. See yourself as successful.
 As we become visionaries anything is possible. I hope you open your life up to endless possibilities.

Mari Mitchell
Certified Life Coach


No comments:

Post a Comment